IF YOU BUY THIS ITEM, YOU BELIEVE: Birthwork for Black lives matters because the mortality rate of Black moms is a medical, historical and economic negligence that deserves attention.
I designed this to help spread awareness about the mortality rate surrounding Black moms
ALL women could benefit from a doula but particularly amongst Black women, it is a life or death situation. Too often, Black moms to be are not listened to or taken seriously by the health care system.
According to the CDC, black mothers in the U.S. die at three to four times the rate of white mothers, one of the widest of all racial disparities in women's health. Put another way, a black woman is 22 percent more likely to die from heart disease than a white woman, 71 percent more likely to perish from cervical cancer, but 243 percent more likely to die from pregnancy- or childbirth-related causes.
• 50% cotton, 50% polyester
• Classic fit with no center crease
• 1x1 athletic rib knit collar with spandex
• Air-jet spun yarn with a soft feel and reduced pilling
• Double-needle stitched collar, shoulders, armholes, cuffs, and hem